Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Back In with a Bigger Bang

I thought that I should get back into my blog after so many years away. The last time I added something new here was when I was about to go on my mission. What a glorious time it was. There is not a single day that passes that I do not reflect on something that I learned while I was a missionary in the beautiful land of Peru. That place seriously holds a very special place in my heart. I learned Spanish, I was taught to speak to strangers, I was taught how to love, and show compassion for other people’s struggles. I learned to play nice with people that I may not agree with, or with whom I do not get along. I learned of the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It really changed my life. I discovered a glimpse of who I am. Some of these precious truths that I learned, now a year and a half after returning home, still resonate and help me to carry on. I did not intend to go on a rant about my mission, but truly it meant everything to me. I don’t have time to go on about everything that I learned or about the love that I have for this work. See my mission blog if you would like a play-by-play at:http://redheadedhermana.blogspot.com/. Life is good and I couldn't be happier

No comments:

Post a Comment