Thursday, February 14, 2013

¡Yo Soy Misionera!

I love my chain telling me how much longer till I leave for my mission!





 In case anyone was wondering..... only 55 more days until I leave for Trujillo Peru to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I love the Gospel and am so so so happy to be able to serve as a missionary. I was reading in my Mission Prep book a quote from President Hinckley which says, "Prepare yourself now to be worthy to serve the Lord as  a full-time missionary. He has said, 'If ye are prepared ye shall not fear' (D&C 38:30). Prepare to consecrate two years of your lives to this sacred service. That will in effect constitute a tithe on the first twenty years of your lives" I am so so happy to be able to devote all of the net eighteen months to serving God's children. I have already seen so many blessings in my life because of my decision to serve, and my heart has been filled with so much love for everyone. I have poured so much time into studying scriptures and Preach My Gospel, and haven't sacrificed anything in the long run because that study has helped me to grow spiritually.

I like to be kept updated on the weather in Trujillo- Here is the weather today :)
 




















































No comments:

Post a Comment