Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Who on earth is Tanner Mark Mathews!?

 Good question- The answer...... I have no idea. But I will say thanks to him anyway. I went to the lost and found sale here at BYU Idaho and there was a quad set of scriptures for sale for 5 dollars. The name on this set of scriptures was none other than Tanner Mark Mathews. In order for the items in the sale to be there they have to have been in the lost and found for more than two semesters. I have always had a GIANT set of scriptures and had been getting annoyed lately about how cumbersome it is to carry them around. Now I have a smaller set to bring to classes with me, which I LOVE! There are some markings, but it was just nice to be able to fit everything in my backpack for class. I still fully intend to bring my giant set of scriptures with me on my mission because I have poured so much of myself into them, and they know how to 'speak' to me through my markings.
 
This is the first set of scriptures that I have ever had that are indexed. I admit that at first I was really confused as to how to use them because I was so out of practice. But I have enjoyed being spoiled by the easy-find tabs. It made me grateful that I was forced to learn the books in all the scriptures because of my unindexed set. 
The next thing that you may be wondering about is the clothespin on my scriptures that says 'smile'. Well, on Mondays and Wednesdays I have an hour break between classes that I go to one of the buildings and study for the next class. One time I was really tired and was worried about falling asleep in class, so I made myself comfy and took a little snooze. When I woke up to go to class, I notice that this clothespin was attached to my jacket. It definitely did make me smile, it was a little weird thought..... eh, whatever, I love BYU Idaho. 
Oh and in case if anyone was wondering, ONLY 35 MORE DAYS UNTIL I GO TO THE PERU MTC! I am just getting so excited that I am having a tiny bit of problem trying to stay focused on my school work. Thank goodness that I anticipated this reaction and took classes that do not require extreme focus like it was last semester. What a blessing!
The next happenings was when my roommate Abbey and Janeen and I had a night out. We went out to dinner and rented a redbox movie and just hung out. It was FANTASTIC. Here were some of the pics from our evening.
Waiting in line at Costa Vida



weirdly enough, this is one of our favorite photos :)

 
 I have a new addition to my family. I'd like to introduce, my new dwarf schefflera. Who, at this point does not have a formal name, but will in time I am sure.
This is to replace all of my plants that I accidentally killed on my way to Rexburg :( ( I was devastated, so I only have two now. This one and an amaryllis which never grew flowers..... :( Kinda messed up right?)

  According to Google, this is Jessica Stroup. I guess that she's an actress or something. I have found time to continue to draw, and realized how much I would miss this on my mission. This as well as painting, knitting and crocheting.


 Last but not least, I would like to share a list of songs which I am currently obsessed with.

  1. Come on Eileen- Dexie's Midnight Runners
  2. It's Time- Imagine Dragon
  3. Home- Philip Philips
  4. Daylight- Maroon 5
  5. Give a little Bit- Supertramp
  6. 22- Taylor Swift
  7. Amanda- Boston
  8. Man in the Mirror- Bee Gees (Holiday, Message to You, Tragedy, Words) - They're all favorites
  9. Kiss on my List- Hall and Oates
  10. Teenager in Love- Dion and the Belmonts
  11. Eleonor- The Turtles

No comments:

Post a Comment