Friday, May 20, 2016

A Commission To My Sister

My sister-in-law Katie asked me to paint her a picture of the temple in which she was married. I was all-too eager to oblige. I've been asked before to paint things for people but I admit that I usually don't finish them when I want to. However, this time was somehow different. She was very vague in her requirements- a thing that I seriously appreciate because then it lets my creativity do what it wants rather than some random image that someone else has in their brain. I spent about half an hour painting up a few thumbnails of ideas that I had that might interest her, and ones that I knew that I could do. It should be pretty obvious which one she chose. Thankfully it was the same one that I liked the best as well. In the end we were both happy.




Here is the finished product. I am quite pleased. It also looks way better in person.



1 comment:

  1. My name is bryce wilson photographer, . I am a filmmaker, photographer, and freelance photojournalist from Melbourne, Australia.

    My photographs and reportage from the front lines in Ukraine's east have been seen on ABC Australia, Conflict News, The Daily Mail, Mashable, Business Insider, and more.

    I was a subject in Red Bull's groundbreaking 'URBEX: Enter at Your Own Risk' documentary series, starring in the world premiere debut episode, and I have been described as 'one of the world's most famous Urban Explorers'.

    Through photography and filmmaking I hope to make a positive impact in history, and change the world. I am a sum of all of my experiences - mistakes included - and I have learned from all of these to become the person I am today.

    ReplyDelete