Monday, November 7, 2016

Photography

       I have been intrigued by an enormous pond in front of a row of potato cellars for several weeks now. I drive by this pond every single day and decided that I would finally go and take some pictures there. I thought back to when I was young and we had a pond that manifested itself each winter out behind our old barn in the corrals for the cattle. When it froze over we would "skate" on the frozen pond. We fondly called it "lake Larry".

       I did not expect how nicely the pictures would all turn out. As I was looking through them all I would say, "This one is my favorite" and then I would move on to the next photo and say the exact same thing. I was enchanted by them. The pictures look great, but boy, did that pond smell! I held my breath as long as I could and when I had to, I breathed through my mouth. I'd say that it was worth it.


This is the picture of the pond that I thought was so charming. It is literally just a yucky pond with smelly water and weeds growing out of it. it is quite gross in reality, but the following pictures will show the other side of the smelly farm pond
Here is the other side of the pond with the potato cellars showing
























No comments:

Post a Comment