Monday, October 22, 2012

I used to think it was cute....

      I might as well announce to the world that I am going on a mission. It is true! Since the miraculous announcement by the president of the church 2 weeks ago I have completed my mission papers and submitted them to my stake president. I expect my mission call in about 10 days time.
I think back two weeks ago and think about how different my life was and how many miracles and blessings that I have seen in those few days. I am humbled and ever so grateful for the way things have moved forward. Sure there have been a few bumps along the way, but things have fallen into place one by one until everything has been completed.
      I am truly in awe at how well things have fallen into place. I did not see myself at this point 6 months ago or even a month ago when I began the fall semester.
      I used to think that pre-missionaries who had just sent off their mission papers were cute. They were anxious and ever so excited about their unsure future. They always speak so enthusiastically about their decision to serve a mission. They are nervous but so positive. I used to think it was really cute- but not anymore. I know that this is the right choice for me. I am excited to serve a mission. I am excited to be a servant of the Lord to preach the Gospel. But I am taken back at how quickly things have progressed, and I am just running to catch up. I can't wait to see where I will be serving, and am so pleased to have this opportunity and am so very grateful that I have lived my life worthily so when this chance has come I can jump on it and embrace it.

Sooo- We were watching Once Upon a Time today and the featured character was Captain Hook. A) He's a babe B) His Character rocks and C) He's hot. Anyway, I found this and just loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment