Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Camping,First Time Haircuts and Food Faves

 Last weekend my BYUI Singles ward went on a ward campout. We went to a beautiful cabin with some really neat activities. Like a 60 foot long slide down the side of the hill, snow, and tons of space to play some really awesome games. Luckily our cabin was heated, so we were quite comfortable in the upstairs loft. The boys had to sleep outside or in the downstairs kitchen. I was surprised that so many boys ended up sleeping all night outside. It was at MOST 12 degrees, but most likely it was a lot colder. That night something apparently messed up my regular sleeping habits. According to my friends who slept in adjacent bunks claimed that I slept talked like crazy for over and hour and a half. They asked me questions and I answered. Occasionally they rib me a little with some of the things that I spoke about. I would have done exactly the same thing if it had been any of them, I just wish that I could have seen it for myself. It sounded like it was fun, but I was otherwise preoccupied with "sleeping". Anyway, it sure was fun getting to know my ward members a little better this weekend.
Yeah, count on me to take some pictures of weeds :)

This is just a cool picture I took

This is the 60 foot slide. You had to ride on a carpet down. Many boys were injured sliding down in the morning when there was ice on the slide and carpets. Notice the divot at the bottom of the slide. They LOVED it however, and continued to do it over and over again. I too loved it and made my fair share of trips down the slide. You really got going fast and if you did it right, you dont even go off the end, but the boys enjoyed flying off the end.
A little creek at that I thought was cute. One girl accidentally fell in and was frozen the rest of the day.
I have been a little miffed at the split ends on my hair. I was complaining to Claire about my annoyance when she quickly suggested that she cut it for me. Somehow, she caught me at a daring moment and I easily agreed. I went over to her house after my class and we got to it. She kept saying over and over again how "I've never cut girl's hair before!" (although I am pretty sure she cut Noelle's hair once, but that isn't the point). I gave her instruction as to what I wanted and she began. A while later she finished and I couldn't believe how great it looked! She cut it just the way I liked and now I am split-end FREE!



















I just love food and I enjoy certain things in kicks. My latest kick is roast beef sandwiches with Au Jus Gravy. It is just SO tasty! I also use home made bread, which just enhances the delicious-ness!



It is super quick and inexpensive. The most expensive part is the roast beef, which I bought some low-ish quality stuff at about $3.50 and the packet of Au Jus at .65 cents and I make my own bread at about 90 cents a loaf. This is just a great lunch food that doesn't take any time at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment